Create Issue in Epic does not add issue to Epic

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2013

GreenHopper v6.2.2

Creating a Story using the Create Issue in Epic link does not add Story to Epic.

Story is added to top of Backlog but is not associated with an Epic.

Step to reproduce

1. Select an Epic in the Lfet Nav bar

2. Click "Create issue in Epic"

3. Create story

4. Story gets added to backlog with no Epic

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2013

This was a known issue in GH and was resolved in v6.2.2.2

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2013

I'm suspecting problem with the Scrum Default Template, where the epiclink is pointing to a different customfield. You can verify this by comparing both of the value from the two SQL queries:

SELECT id,cfname FROM customfield WHERE customfieldtypekey LIKE '%gh-epic-link%';
SELECT propertyvalue, cfname FROM propertynumber pn JOIN propertyentry pe ON pe.id = pn.id LEFT OUTER JOIN customfield cf ON pn.propertyvalue = cf.id WHERE property_key like 'GreenHopper.EpicLink%';

First query id value should equal to second query propertyvalue value. If this is not the case, it would be best to raise a ticket in support.atlassian.com
0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2013

Hi Jeane, I highly recommend you to raise a ticket in support.atlassian.com. The reason being, I'm suspecting that SCRUM DEFAULT TEMPLATE is currently pointing the its Epic to a different issue type instead of Epic issue type.

You can verify this by comparing the result of the following SQL query of entry gh.issue.epic with the Epic issue type ID.

select propertyvalue from propertytext where id = (select id from propertyentry where property_key ='SCRUM_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE_CONFIGURATION');

Suggest an answer