Create Issue - Multiple Conditions

Vivo Bandito September 27, 2022

I'm currently using the Create on Transition for Jira - Create Issues. My current goal is to create a new issue based off of an assigned team custom field. We are currently moving a ticket type to individual teams instead of our service desk team working these issues. Right now we have two teams that are handling these issues, but plan on having a few more. 

Current setup

As mentioned we currently have only two teams setup for this type of issue. Our Service Desk is set up to take every one of these issues that are NOT in the Model Build team. 

2022-09-27 16_29_50-Update Workflow Transition Create Issue (Create on Transition) Function - JIRA a.png

Question:

Is there a way to add multiple conditions in Condition 2's Regular Expression Pattern field so that more than one value can be excluded.

Example: I don't want the issue to be made for the current team if the assigned team is model build or sales. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vivo Bandito October 1, 2022

Model Build|Sales

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2022

Hello @Vivo Bandito 

Looking at the app's documentation for Conditions and Pattern Match:

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/CSOT/pages/883523763/Pattern+match+condition

...it seems like this might work for the Regex Expression:

(Model Build|Sales)

Vivo Bandito September 30, 2022

After playing around with it I was able to get the expression down. Since this is doing text only it didn't like the "(Model Build|Sales)" when doing this it was still creating two separate tickets for our service desk and sales. But when changing it to:

Model Build|Sales

the expression took it and only created the new ticket for sales and not the service desk. The article linked helped a lot. Appreciate the help!

Suggest an answer