Count Jira issues by priority per week

Marcel Viehmaier May 20, 2021

I want to display a count for jira bugs in confluence in form of a table. So far I was able to use the Jira Filter in Confluence to show the bugs in a table. Now I want to count the issues for each priority per week like this:

major     trivial        .....

week 1                23           2

week 2                22           5

How can I achieve this?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

Hi @Marcel Viehmaier

You may use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app to filter the Jira Issues macro, create pivots and real-time dashboards right in Confluence.

For example, for your case you may wrap you Jira Issues macro into the Pivot Table macro and create the required table (as we don't have different priorities for our project, I've chosen statuses instead but it doesn't matter - the macro works with all the Jira Issues columns and allows you to create different pivots like in Excel):

Fri 2-1.png

Fri 2-2.png

Hope this may help your case.

Marcel Viehmaier May 21, 2021

@Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_  thank you very much! This helps a lot. But there is one problem. You used the created timestamp in the pivot table to filter the data per week. But then only the issues that are created are counted. My goal is to count the active issues. So when there is one issue on the board for 3 weeks I want to count it every week with the last priority or status it had. Is this possible?

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2021

I can come up only with the following workaround - you may use the cumulative running totals.

Wrap your Jira Issues macro into the Table Toolbox macro and create a sequence Jira Issues <- Pivot Table <- Table Transformer macro.

Fri 5-1.pngThe Pivot Table is the same table from the previous answer.

Then go to the Table Transformer macro and type in the following custom SQL query:

SELECT* FROM (
SELECT TT1.'Created',
SUM (TT2.'Count In Progress') AS 'Count In Progress Cumulative',
SUM (TT2.'Count To Do') AS 'Count To Do Cumulative'
FROM T1 AS TT1
JOIN T1 AS TT2 on TT1.'Created'::Date >= (TT2.'Created'::Date)
GROUP BY TT1.'Created')
ORDER BY 'Created'::Date ASC

Fri 5-2.pngFri 5-1-1.pngAnd here is your result table with the running totals:

Fri 5-3.png 

0 votes
Iñigo June 29, 2021

Hello @Marcel Viehmaier ,

We provide other commercial alternative called Dashboard Hub for Jira and Dashboard Hub for Confluence that allows you to create dashboards to show information from jira, confluence, bitbucket...

You can create a dashboard in confluence connected to your jira instance and with our custom charts gadget you can create the table you mentioned

Dashboard Hub - Jira 2021-06-29 11-35-59.png

0 votes
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2021

Hi @Marcel Viehmaier 

I would suggest you make a filter in JIRA, place a gadget and refer to it within confluence

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/gadgets-204047542.html

Cheers

Suggest an answer