Convert JIRA issue to Confluence page

Mike Jansen October 13, 2011

Often times in the life of an issue it accumulates a wealth of information that would be useful to document in Confluence.

Is there a way to take a JIRA issue and create a Confluence page that includes all the attachments summary, description, comments, etc. ?

Of course the page would need to be edited afterwards but the automation of bringing all the content into Confluence from JIRA would save much time.

Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Remon van G October 13, 2011

For the content itself the first thing that pops into mind would be via the 'view as word doc' in Jira & the Office-connector of Confluence (webdav connection).

As the url to jira issues in word (<url>/si/jira.issueviews:issue-word/KEY-18/KEY-18.doc) to get the word document is quite standard, i would not think it impossible to make some sort of cross plugin.

Mike Jansen October 13, 2011

Thank you for the idea :) I currently have more custom development than I can keep up with so for this issue, I'm looking for an existing feature or available plug-in in Confluence.

If I were to write a plug-in, however, I think it would be fairly simple to query the JIRA issue and add the content and attachements to the Confluence page. The biggest hurdle for me would probably be figuring out authentication (because I haven't coded any plugins that go from one Atlassian product to another).

Suggest an answer