Connection between JIRA and CONFLUENCE is 'broken'

Ralf October 24, 2019

First, I apologize for my bad English.

I have an installtion of Windows, shich uses the data of Jira as a user directory. This is done by Setting uo a Connection when installing Confluence. However, this Connection is "broken" which means that I can no longer sign in to Confluence. To reconnect, you have to sign in to Confluence. Since I already set uo the Connection in the Installation, there is no user in Confuence who does not come from Jira.

The System was installed in Simple mode - without external database but with an internal database.

I have a working Administrator account for Jira.

How can I solve this Problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

Hi @Ralf , 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No issues with your english. It is pretty good. 

You can connect to the Embedded H2 Database by following the steps as described here and reset the password for the local confluence account. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/embedded-h2-database-145098285.html

Thanks,

Amith Mathur

Ralf October 25, 2019

Thanks!
I can't reset the password. I get an error code. How can I change the database anyway?
[Code: 90097, SQL State: 90097] Die Datenbank ist schreibgesch??tzt
The database is read only; SQL statement:
update cwd_user set credential =
'x61Ey612Kl2gpFL56FT9weDnpSo4AV8j8+qx2AuTHdRyY036xxzTTrw10Wq3+4qQyB+XURPWx1ONxp3Y3pB37A=='
where id=425985 [90097-195]

Amith Mathur {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2019

Hi @Ralf 

You would be able to change the database by following the steps mentioned in this page. This will require to have a full site backup in order to do the migration. 

Please be aware that the embedded database is for evaluation purpose. Do you have any data that you want to migrate?  If so, you need to reset the password from the link shared earlier. 

Thanks,
Amith Mathur

Ralf November 7, 2019

I solved this problem, thanks!

Suggest an answer