Connection JIRA & Fisheye

Gleb Vinnikov September 4, 2012

I order trial fisheye/crucible version and try to setup connection between JIRA (hosted by Atlassian) and the fisheye. JIRA administrative section has a error "You do not have System Administration permission to add or edit Application Links. Please log in with a user account that has System Administration permission to associate FishEye/Crucible servers via Application Links. "

But if I correctly understand that "System Administration permission" is a permission for standalone solutions (which is hosted by own servers). I'm administrator of the instance.

What should I do to setup the interconnection between JIRA and Fisheye?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Hi, if you have JIRA OnDemand, you cannot create any application links to Fisheye/Crucible hosted by yourself. You will need JIRA self hosted or hosted by a 3rd party vendor to get this to work.

JIRA OnDemand can only link with Fisheye/Crucible OnDemand, which at the moment is SVN only.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2012

I'd suggest raising an issue with Atlassian support to get this fixed. It looks like an issue with your instance. They would be able to help you to get it to work again.

At any point if you do not want to go with OnDemand for greater flexibility, full admin access, custom plugins etc, feel free to contact us at sales@queryfoundry.com for a hosted solution.

Gleb Vinnikov September 5, 2012

Hi! Thanks for the response. You are right I have JIRA ondemand and Fisheye ondemand too. Yesterday I tried to activate fisheye and now I unable to add new project to jira. Each my attempts are finished with the error "Confluence: You must have a primary FishEye instance configured, via external application links, in order to create a Studio project." Is it possible to solve it without disabling of fisheye?

Gleb Vinnikov September 5, 2012

Thanks a lot for your advice!

Suggest an answer