Connecting JIRA Server to BitBucket Cloud: Sync Failed

thaiduy January 18, 2018

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a duplicated question, but I have tried to find the answer for quite some time but still no luck.

I'm trying to connect my BitBucket Cloud repositories to my JIRA Server.

In my BitBucket Cloud, I logged in as account myprivateaccount. This account is member of a team teamaccount and that team is the owner of a repository repositoryx.

Because teamaccount is the owner of that repository, so I had to go to myprivateaccount, selected BitBucket Settings, switched to teamaccount, and then added new OAuth Consumer.

Then, I added that OAuth Consumer to JIRA in DVCS Accounts screen. Connecting process went well, I can see teamaccount with repositoryx in DVCS Accounts screen, but its last activity is "Sync Failed: Read more".

I checked the "read more" link, but I'm sure that the repo has not been deleted, and both of my accounts on BitBucket and JIRA has not been disabled.

So, how can I successfully link my repo to my JIRA Server?

Thank you!

3 answers

0 votes
garyj March 31, 2019

Just hit the same issue as well with Jira 8.0.2 server and  Bitbucket cloud. Made sure that correct accounts are being used on both the Jira and Bitbucket end. Both accounts are admin accounts. 

Have tried to remove add OAuth Consumer a number of times, checked all permissions. Still just getting Sync Failed and same Warning as described above:

WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-17] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.filterFormParameters A servlet request, to the URI http://jira.blackdata.systems/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/110/sync, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.

But from what I read this warning can be ignored?

Anyone can point to the right solution to this problem please?

Thank you

Gary

garyj March 31, 2019

So I just set down and moved the installation from 5.7.25 to psql (PostgreSQL) 10.6 and the problem resolved straight away. The sync worked straight away, and all commit messages, and all info from BitBucket synced and was accessible in Jira. Even thought our MySQL instance was configured properly, and we were using: utf8mb4 with Jira 8.0.2, the Sync was still failing with no real/meaningful error messages. 

0 votes
mngangom August 14, 2018

Hi Ana,

I am having the same issue.

I am using JIRA server instead of cloud.

I am pretty sure I am the admin in my JIRA instance and the owner of my GitHub repo.

Thanks!

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Nguyễn! Are you an admin for the team account? This can be found in our documentation: 

You'll need to have admin permissions on both Jira Software Server and on the Bitbucket Cloud account you want to connect. 

Can you also confirm that you've followed correctly the steps at Connect Bitbucket Cloud to Jira Server applications.

Cheers!

Ana

Àlex Garcia February 14, 2018

Hi Ana!

I have the same issue as Nguyễn. I ensured that i own privileges in Bitbucket Cloud and Jira Server, could you help me?

Here are what logs are printing:

14-Feb-2018 19:22:33.776 WARNING [http-nio-8080-exec-17] com.sun.jersey.spi.container.servlet.WebComponent.filterFormParameters A servlet request, to the URI http://jira.blackdata.systems/rest/bitbucket/1.0/repository/110/sync, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource methods using @FormParam will work as expected. Resource methods consuming the request body by other means will not work as expected.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer