Configure Jira Cloud app for Slack's issue fields

Matthew Limber
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 17, 2024

Our JIRA instance has a hard requirement that a certain custom field must be populated.

Since this requirement was established, we can no longer create issues from Slack via this plugin because the field does not appear in the list shown in Slack.

Is there a way to configure what fields show (specifically, to add one field) in the "create issue" screen?

1 answer

0 votes
Tugba Capaci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2024

Hi @Matthew Limber ,

You could take a look at the Jira app for Slack

It dynamically populates issue fields (including custom fields) according to your project's configurations and issue type. The configurations for issue types in Jira are directly reflected on the Slack side.

In my project settings, I have two custom fields: Website for the issue type Story and Phone number for the issue type Task. Whatever issue type I choose, it dynamically generates the fields accordingly.

You can see it in this video.

Tugba
actioner.com

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events