Component field changed to issue.field.components

Deleted user May 13, 2013

For some reason my component field has been renamed to issue.field.components. I dont know how to change this back. I cannot add this field to any screen.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 14, 2013

Ok, I solved the problem. Turns out one of my files was missing the component field type. I have added this in and the component field is now back to its original state. I have a feeling there was someone poking around without my knowing... Thanks though for getting back to me!

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2013

Hey there, Edward.

Glad to know that everything is fixed on your side. Didn't manage to help but you are welcome!

Warm regards,

Danial

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2013

Hi Edward,

This seems like someone might have tampered with the language pack that is used by your instance, hence the name of the field is changed. Could you check to see if anyone has changed it?

You can find more details about this process here.

0 votes
onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2013

Did you install a new language pack or accidently removed the installed one? I ran into something similar some time ago when Atlassian switched to community driven localisation. Maybe reinstalling a language pack would solve your problem?

Check https://translations.atlassian.com/ for fresh language packs.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
May 14, 2013

Hey there, Edward.

It could be due to some old caches / indexes stored in your JIRA that might have caused this to occur. Can you please try to perform the following steps and see if you are still having the same problem:

1. Shutdown JIRA instance
  2. Clear off browser cache
  3. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.osgi-plugins directory
  4. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\plugins\.bundled-plugins directory
  5. Delete the contents of JIRA Installation Directory\work directory
  6. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\comments directory
  7. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\entities directory
  8. Delete the contents of JIRA Home Directory\caches\indexes\issues directory
  9. Restart JIRA instance

Warm regards,

Danial

Deleted user May 14, 2013

Hi Danial,

Thank you for the reply. I tried the steps you suggested but it didn't solve my problem and seemed to cause a lot more unwanted problems in Jira. The only other information I can think that may be relevant was that I updated 6 plugins yesterday (I only remember greenhopper and the universal plugin manager). Until then the component field was fine. further to this, the component text in the project administration side of things has also changed to admin.projects.components.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events