Combined board throws error

David Whitlock April 5, 2024

Hello,

We have a combined board (forgive me as I am not certain of actual terminology), which is a board whose spans 3 different projects. Here is a sample of the query filter

project in ("Project1", Project2) and cf[11500] = "Team1" ORDER BY Rank ASC

The purpose is to manage a sprint across 2 boards where the team is the same team. The problem seems to be that Project 1 and Project 2 use different workflows and when transitioning project2, a validation error is thrown for a field check. The validator that checks customfield 11500 does not recognize that the field is populated, when it is. Is this caused by the fact that both projects use different workflows? Is there a way to get around this issuee?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2024

Hi @David Whitlock ,

I would refer to this as a multi-project board. 

If your projects have different workflows this can be managed within a single board by ensuring that the appropriate statuses are mapped to the proper column. This likely means you have one or more columns with multiple statuses. 

for example let’s say 

project 1 : to do, in progress, done

project 2: to do, in progress, in test, done

board:

column 1 = To do: map to do here

column 2 = In progress: map in progress and in test here

column 3 = done: map done here

now, when you drag an issue from to do to in progress column you have two choices to drop the issue into they should be denoted by a highlighted box where the card can be dropped. This should avoid the issue you are experiencing. If I am off track please share more details of workflows and column mappings. 

David Whitlock April 5, 2024

@Jack Brickey 

Thanks for the response, I will take a look at this

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2024

Let me know if you remain stuck

David Whitlock April 16, 2024

Thanks that helps.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

Cool. Please consider accepting the answer if it address your question.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events