Changing the Reporter on an Issue

Bill Davis July 12, 2011

I am looking to update the reporter on some of our issues and when I go to edit the JIRA (using the edit button or the bulk update) the reporter field is not appearing for me.

I have ensured that each of my screens and field configurations has the reporter field visible, but I can not seem to get it to appear to update it.

Any ideas on what else to check?

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Clyde Moseley July 12, 2011

Check the Modify Reporter permission on your permission scheme.

Paul Walker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 20, 2020

Where is the "permission scheme?"

Like Jen G likes this
4 votes
justindowning
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2011

Navigate to the Screen Scheme for the project in question, and open the Screen used for the Edit operation. If there is only one operation (Default), then open that one. The screen needs to have the Reporter field listed on one of the tabs.

Addtionally, check the Field Configuration for the issue type (look in the Field Configuration Scheme for the project) and verify that the Reporter field is not marked Hidden.

Zeyd Gulesin December 17, 2020

Thanks! :-)

0 votes
Bill Davis July 14, 2011

Thanks Clyde, that was what I was missing

Also thanks Justin - I had cheecked those two options, but missed the permissions..

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events