Change the start of business hours

Alessio Bilardo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

Hi everyone,

I have some automation rules running under my project that calculate some dates and times starting from some other given dates and times. Part of my rules is like that:

.plusBusinessHours(4)}}

What I'm noticing is that the operator "BusinessHours" is not based on the same idea of business hours I have (my business hours are 8.30-17.30, while my automation rules are giving results even later than 17.30).

Is there a way I can set a different range of business hours?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2024

Hi @Alessio Bilardo -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

First thing, that plusBusinessHours() function is not in the documentation, and so we may need to guess at the defined behavior until it is documented.

When the rule date / time functions access date / times, they default to the UTC time zone.  Have you tried converting your values to your time zone to observe the results?

Kind regards,
Bill

Alessio Bilardo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 14, 2024

Hi Bill,

thanks for your reply (and sorry for my late one!).

Do you mean I should try with the plusBusinessHours{} function and then add a function that converts the result to my timezone?

Thanks,

Alessio

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2024

No, the reverse of that: for a date / time value convert to your time zone before using the plusBusinessHours() function.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events