Change "Reporter" to Project's Lead Developer in Workflow

Chris Knoche August 21, 2011

I'm trying to find a way to change the "Reporter" field of an issue at a specific transition within a workflow. I figure this should be a post-function and I know I'm in the right area when I select "Update Issue Field", but there isn't an option to change the reporter field.

"Assign issue to Reporter" is the opposite of what I want, I'd like to "Change Reporter to Lead Developer"

How can I make this work?

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2011

As Radu suggested, your script would just be:

issue.reporterId = issue.projectObject.leadUserName

Providing this is the first post-function that should be sufficient.

0 votes

I should also note, that I'm running 4.4

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2011

https://plugins.atlassian.com/search/with?q=scripting&product=all

Try Jamie's "Script Runner" or my own baby (jjupin). Plenty of plugins there ...

Thanks, I'll look through these.

Unfortunately, I don't see any of these plugins that are compatible with Jira 4.4

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2011

the script runner will work with 4.4. Some of the built-in scripts will not yet work with 4.4, but that doesn't matter if you're providing your own.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events