Cant find people in search box

Peter Bottenheft February 24, 2020

When I search for names,emails or groups I can't find anything (also not old groups). I have to ask my collegue adminstrator to add the groups and give them a role.

When I have created new groups in a JIRA project, I can't add these groups to the people.

I get the message: we can't find that person on <<our Companyname>>.atlassian.net. Enter their email address to invite them. But I want to add groups, not users.

1 answer

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2020

Hello @Peter Bottenheft 

Have you checked the documentation?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/create-groups-and-update-permissions-744721627.html

Update group membership

• Go to your site's Administration at admin.atlassian.com:
  • If you're an admin for one site, you'll land on the Users page of your site.
  • If you're an admin for multiple sites or an organization admin, click a site's name and URL to open the Administration for that site.  
  • Select Groups from the navigation menu on the left side of the page.
  • Select a group from the list where you want to add or remove users.
  • To add users to the group, click Add members, select the users you’d like to add, and press the Add button.

To remove users from the group, press the Remove button next to each user’s name.

BR, Olga

Peter Bottenheft March 3, 2020

The issue is different

When I'm at a project and I go to Project settings, I click on the people section.

In this screen I click on add people: here I can select people by there emailadress but I can't add groups to the list (to add to the project).

For this I have to ask my collegue administrator.

By the way: yes I've read the documentation.

Thanks,

Peter

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2020

Hello @Peter Bottenheft 

Thanks for the explanation, now I get the problem :D

You need to be a project administrator to do this, that's your problem, but you already know that. There is no way around this, sorry.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/add-users-to-your-project/

BR, Olga

Peter Bottenheft March 5, 2020

Hello Olga,

Thanks for your reply. 

I think I am the project administrator (Lead) because I create the projects and I see my name as lead in the project settings.

Or am I wrong with my conclusion _> I also am the Site and org admin (shown in the user managment view): I think that should be enough.

Thanks Peter

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2020

Hello Peter, 

Since you are a site admin there shouldn't be a problem.

Okay, have you tried this:

1. Group searching is Case sensitive
  2. Check global permissions Browse user and groups
  3. Re-index Jira

BR, Olga

Suggest an answer