Cannot start a sprint even though I am the admin for the project

Eileen Kiyota November 19, 2014

I get an error message saying that I cannot start a sprint because I don't have admin rights to 2 projects. I do have admin rights to the first project -  I don't have admin rights to the second project but no one can figure out how the 2 got linked together. I can CLOSE a sprint. I can't start one because of the 2nd project.  Any advice? Thanks!

5 answers

0 votes
Eileen Kiyota November 20, 2014

Thanks for the prompt responses. Turns out that another person with admin rights had some setting that was blocking my efforts. Not sure what that was but it's now working for me.

0 votes
Asael Sepúlveda November 19, 2014

Can you attach a picture of the board's general configuration screen?

0 votes
Eileen Kiyota November 19, 2014

Thanks for your prompt responses.  I have no filters that associates the 2.  The owner of the second project says that he has checked for filters and none exists.   I did clone an issue from project 2 and thought that was causing it so I actually deleted it and create a new one.   Looking at the original project 2 ticket, I see no reference to my ticket in the Linked Issues field.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

Do you have issues from both the projects on the board? Check your filter to make sure.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2014

Your board filter includes the second project somehow.  Check the filter for it.  Or, someone else's board includes issues that are in your sprint and in that other project.

Suggest an answer