Cannot activate Atlassian Bonfire - the button is not shown.

Mindaugas Kezys
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 3, 2011

Hello,

I have Atlassian JIRA (v4.4-m6#642-r152482) when I install bonfire via plugin manager (and restart jira) I can see a "Get bonfire" button in User menu, BUT I do not see Bonfire->Bonfire Licence button in Administration gui. What can cause this problem and what could be the sollution for this problem?

Other notes:

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2011

In JIRA 4.4, Bonfire should have a "Bonfire Licence" link under the "Testing" heading of the Plugins section (as of Bonfire 1.0.3 - before this version it appeared in "Other" instead of "Testing").

If this link isn't showing for you, you can activate Bonfire by going directly to the licence page URL at [your JIRA server]/secure/BonfireAdmin.jspa?decorator=admin

As a side note, with the release of JIRA 4.4 you should no longer need to restart JIRA after installing a plugin.

Mindaugas Kezys
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 18, 2011

Hello,

thank you, Gilmore, your answer with direct link solved my problem.

0 votes
Brian Hankey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 21, 2011

This answer worked, but why doesn't Bonfire ever appear on the left nav area? Is there a way to do so? Thanks. Brian

gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2011

Bonfire had a bug that prevented it from showing in the admin menu when running JIRA with OpenJDK: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BON-300

Although OpenJDK isn't a supported platform, the bug has been fixed and is due to be released with Bonfire 1.2.

gdavidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2011

As a follow-up to my previous comment, Bonfire 1.2 has just been released, which should fix the admin link problem.

More information about 1.2 is at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BONFIRE/Bonfire+1.2+Release+Notes

Brian Hankey
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 30, 2011

According to the upgrade documentation, it says that there will be an upgrade button when I go to manage existing plugins and search for Bonfire. I don't have an upgrade button. Is there a simple way of upgrading or would I need to uninstall the previous version and install the new one?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer