Can you add a Jira profile field such as Business Unit for Users?

Rob Gauthier November 28, 2021

We currently have AD authentication required to access our Confluence and Jira sites.  Via the Portal we allow the 1000's of users to create support requests.  We use Business Unit to define the User Communities but this isn't consistent with a field in our AD profiles.  We have expanded our Business Unit Field Options in the Customer Portal to include an accurate reflection of the Departments (Business Units) and we've made the field a mandatory picklist.  The field they must choose afterwards is Project Name - but it is free text.  I was wondering if we could create a cascading field or constrained field for this based on Business Unit selection.   I believe it's possible in most forms but I'm unsure if it's possible via the portal to create this kind of constraint easily.  Here is our situation:

Program Managers manage Business but only report on requests that are Project Related - we use the Project Name field to filter/report on but our Users Free text into this field anything from a task they want or their own definition or they enter the field with their own abreviation.  Program Managers are then asked questions such as where is request ID1234 - but their reports and proactive management of resolving these are based on Project Name. 

When your company is using Jira across 12 teams with over 15000 users it's challenging. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer