Can we set up trial version of Jira and upgrade the same environment to Enterprise License version?

Radha Srinivasan July 27, 2011

While I am waiting for the Enterprise License to be purchased by our organization, is it possible to setup a instance with the trial version and upgrade the same environment with Enterprise license. I want to make sure that all the work I have done there does not have to be migrated and the same instance can be used for production.

2 answers

2 votes
Dave Donnelly [Sensata]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

Yes - I did the same. The trial version is unlimited in number of users as far as I know and you just paste in the new license code when/if you purchase - your issue data doesn't change.

The trial verison comes with a temporary database and we found no trouble porting this over to a more permanent SQL database by exporting the JIRA info to XML, then pointing JIRA to the new database, then importing the data back in again. (You will need to move attachments manually but it's no problem)

Hope you get sorted.

1 vote
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2011

Yes

Suggest an answer