Can we directly upgrade from Jira 9.3.1 to Jira 9.12.7?

Sammar Abbas May 14, 2024

Currently we have Jira 9.3.1, may we upgrade it directly to Jira 9.12.7 or first we have to upgrade to other versions like as 9.4?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2024

Hello @Sammar Abbas and welcome to the Community!  I recommend carefully reviewing the Upgrade Notes for each version 9.4.x - 9.12.x (as well as the Release Notes and Supported platforms to determine if you need to make any additional environment changes like your DB version).   Also check upgrade compatibility for any add-ons you may have installed.  There is additional guidance in your instance:  https://yourinstanceURL/plugins/servlet/troubleshooting/pre-upgrade/

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2024

Assuming that you have done all of this, I upgraded from 8.20.26 directly to 9.12.4, so you don't need to go to an interim version.

Like # people like this

Thank you @Matt Parks , would you mind to confirm if "TechTime Core" and "ZAPI" both are compatible with 9.12.4? at my end JIRA update check showing compatibility is unknown.

Matt Parks
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2024

Are those marketplace plugins? I'm not familiar with them so you'd probably need to go to the marketplace listing to confirm.

Also, I didn't ask this before, but I assume that you are running Jira Data Center as opposed to Server. If you're running Server, there is a limit to what version you can upgrade to. I think it's the highest available version on Feb 15th, 2024, but I'm not sure.

No, they are not marketplace plugins thats why compatibility is unknown. Yes we are running Jira Data Center.
Thanks for the support.

Suggest an answer