Can't remove created App

Deleted user February 6, 2020

Hello,

i created an App (https://developer.atlassian.com/apps/create).

And tested some Request with my REST API.

Now i want to delete the App but get the message: 

"We couldn't delete this app, as it is currently installed somewhere. Uninstall it from all applications and try again."

If i go in the Admin Overview "https://admin.atlassian.com/"

I find the App under "Connected apps". But i can't remove it there.

What do i need to do to delete the App?

5 answers

1 vote
Joerg April 19, 2021

I am also experiencing the same issue with Confluence Cloud after creating an OAuth 2.0 app and successfully authenticating with it) getting a token and being able to run requests). The app is not installed on the Confluence Cloud instance, i.e., does not show up as installed there with other system or Marketplace apps. The audit log also shows a user being created which does not show up in the user list. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-04-19 at 6.20.11 PM.png

0 votes
Aleksandar Aleksandrov September 21, 2023

I fixed the problem by copying the app ID from the developer console and pasting it into the manifest file app id (app/<copied id>) then running the install process again (forge deploy and forge install) . This completed the installation successfully and after that I was able to delete the app.

0 votes
Paul Winstone March 7, 2022

I have the same problem.

I confirm delete and then get a message

We couldn't delete this app, as it is currently installed somewhere. Uninstall it from all applications and try again.

This may be true but it would be useful to know where it is installed.

I cannot see it in Confluence or Jira in the UPM

Matthew Kite March 10, 2022

Your atlassian administrator needs to Uninstall the connected app from your site via admin.atlassian.com. Once they have done this, you should be able to delete the app.

Admins can find the installed apps under Connected apps within their respective site at admin.atlassian.com

Sometimes the admin might find the app cannot be uninstalled when the uninstall button is clicked. If this happens, the admin can try navigating away, returning to the connected apps screen and click the uninstall button again on the app.

The uninstall button can be found under the Manage link next to the app on the Connected apps screen.

0 votes
Lain Taljuk December 6, 2020

Did you find the answer? I have the same issue, I'm getting "We have not been able to revoke access at this time. Retry later"

Vladimir Kondratenko January 7, 2021

same issue

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2020

Hello @[deleted]

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I believe you are using a Jira Server instance where you are not being able to uninstall an App. Is that correct?

In Jira Server, you can uninstall an app by simply removing its Jar file from the file system. These would be the steps:

1. Shut down the application instance.
  2. Remove the JAR file from the app directory applicable to your host application. For example, in JIRA:
    • If you are removing a version 1 plugin, remove the JAR from your JIRA installation directory under:

webapp/WEB-INF/lib/
    • If you are removing a version 2 plugin, remove the JAR from your JIRA home directory under:

<jira-home>/plugins/installed-plugins/
  3. Start the application instance again.

For more details, you can check the documentation below:

Uninstalling an app by removing its JAR file 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Vladimir Kondratenko February 10, 2021

@Petter Gonçalves doesn't work for me, when I'm trying to revoke access of third party app I receive an error. Here is the response:

{
"errors": [
{
"message": "Service not permitted: Request failed with status code 403",
"category": "NotPermitted",
"type": "ConnectServiceError",
"path": [
"UserGrants"
]
}
],
"data": {