Can't integrate Jira with TestRail plugin

Chernov.IYu June 29, 2021

Hello.

I have Jira-software server and then, i install TestRail plugin from atlassian market, but when i try to configure TestRail with button  "Add new testrail connection", the button doesn't active. It says "All Jira projects currently have connections to TestRail". Then I go check my project -> TestRail and all i can see is message "Your TestRail integration is not yet configured...."

How can i configure connection with testrail plugin?
I tried find solutions in other sources, but doesn't find any.

3 answers

1 vote
Diego Marinelli November 10, 2021

@Chernov.IYu Found this and worked for me. I uninstalled the addon, deleted the rows mentioned and reinstalled the plugin and I was able to reconfigure correctly.

https://discuss.gurock.com/t/jira-add-on-unable-to-configure-a-new-testrail-connection/17516/8

Gregory Fein November 10, 2021

Diego, if this does in fact work, IOU one beer of your choice!

Miguel Nanquil February 17, 2022

Mine's worked. Had a trouble on searching for the ids using the sqlquery:

select * from propertyentry where property_key like ‘testrail%’;

So I used:

select * from propertyentry where property_key like ‘%testrail%’;

instead.

Oleksandr Tynetalo May 26, 2023

What were the rows? Link above doesn't work anymore
What should be deleted?

Robert Frazine June 2, 2023

what database needs what rows removed?  The link to the gurock community no longer works, and I'm having this problem as well.

Oleksandr Tynetalo July 18, 2023

In my case issue was fixed by deleting rows from tables propertyentry and propertystring
Which I found by 

Checked in other tables

SELECT *
FROM propertyentry as pe
LEFT JOIN propertystring as pstr
ON pstr.id = pe.id
where pe.property_key like '%testrail%';

And deleted by manually pasting IDs

DELETE
-- FROM propertyentry
FROM propertystring
WHERE id in (id1, id2, ...)
0 votes
Oleksandr Tynetalo July 18, 2023

I suppose the issue is caused by bug when not propery entries are not updated/deleted properly

In my case issue was fixed by deleting rows from tables propertyentry and propertystring
Which I found by 

Checked in other tables

SELECT *
FROM propertyentry as pe
LEFT JOIN propertystring as pstr
ON pstr.id = pe.id
where pe.property_key like '%testrail%';

And deleted by manually pasting IDs

DELETE
-- FROM propertyentry
FROM propertystring
WHERE id in (id1, id2, ...)
0 votes
Gregory Fein August 18, 2021

I have this exact same issue and have been trying to trouble shoot it for months to no avail, all I can think to do is to go into each project and remove and existing links to testrail and try again since uninstalling it does nothing.

Danila Polevshchikov May 20, 2022

"I uninstalled the addon, deleted the rows mentioned and reinstalled the plugin and I was able to reconfigure correctly." this one works for me in 2022 and on-premise jira. Order of action is important, just deleting rows don't work.

DataBase Explorer | Atlassian Marketplace used this one to get access to DB

Oleksandr Tynetalo May 26, 2023

@Danila Polevshchikov What were the rows? Link above doesn't work anymore
What should be deleted?

Marian Gebauer July 21, 2023

Hello @Danila Polevshchikov 

Is you JIRA server running as docker or do you have full installation on server? Were there any additional setting taken to connect? TestRail support suggested to whitelist some IPs that help me a bit but still getting unable to connect on some part of TestRail for example when i want to Push to referenced issue in JIRA before whitelisting IPs i got timeout now i got connection refused. But for example i am able to see testcase in my jira issue that i referenced and also i am able to see if anything changed.

Any suggestions would help as i am not getting anywhere.

Thank you 

Suggest an answer