Can one edit JIRA issue attachments?

Abhay Patil September 13, 2017

This is about JIRA on cloud.

Confluence allows in-line editing of attachments that can be edited by Microsoft Office using the local copy of MS Office. However the "manage attachment" option in JIRA allows only deletion of the attachment. I have two questions.

(1) Can JIRA (on cloud) be configured to allow "editing" of Office doc attachments?

(2) Can JIRA be configured to allow any user (not just admin, or the creator of the issue) to edit and delete attachments?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Abhay,

I did some testing and do not see a method to edit attachments as you're describing.  There is an add-on for JIRA Server called GoEdit - Direct Attachment Edit for Jira but it has not made it to the Cloud side yet but I would recommend you keep an eye out for any additional add-ons that may come into the Marketplace in the near future for this functionality including a Cloud version of GoEdit.

In addition I would recommend that you go to JAC and create a Suggestion to have this added to JIRA natively.  Once you do so please post the link back here so other members of the Community can vote on the issue and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Abhay Patil September 15, 2017

Thanks Branden. Would appreciate if you could tell me if our Admin can configure our JIRA cloud instance to allow any user (not just one who added it) to "delete" attahments in a ticket.

Suggest an answer