Can a greenhopper backlog span multiple projects?

Stephen Todd
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 12, 2011

We have a small team and have many different projects that we all work on. We want to have a master backlog for all of our work and manage it through greenhopper. This backlog needs to span multiple projects. Is the backlog associated with the project or is really just a list of the set of all issues inside of an instance of JIRA?

2 answers

4 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2011

This will be addressed by Rapid Board, a Green Hopper feature currently in "Labs". You can try it out as long as you have Green Hopper 5.6.2 or higher.

The top feature mentioned in Rapid Board documentation is "support for multiple JIRA projects". That's what I was looking for too.

A Rapid View is based on a saved JIRA filter. You can create your own JQL for that.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Using+the+Rapid+Board

0 votes
Matt Bates July 12, 2011

The backlog is ranked within one project only, however I think this is supposed to be addressed in the next major release of GreenHopper (although that may be some time away).

Suggest an answer