Can a Project (or Project category) have its own priorites?

Andre Grusch September 5, 2011

Example:

2 Project Categories

- Support Desk

- Projects

I would like to assign one set of priorities (Jira default) to Support Desk related Jira Projects and another set to Projects related Jira Projects, like Moscow.

I am able to create them but the the Jira default (Blocker etc) and Moscow (Must have) show up in both projects.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2011

No. Priorities (and resolutions, to a lesser extent) are a massive weakness in Jira because they are global.

It's the most popular unresolved problem with Jira (and has been for many years) https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821 - vote on that, and read the comments for some work-arounds that may help.

Thanks Nic, will do

Marta Lopez Reyes _UOC_ November 7, 2019

Is there any update about this in new jira versions?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2019

Resolutions are still global, but controllable with properties in the worflow well before the original question, which is why I said "(and resoltions, to a lesser extent)"

Jira Server/DC people got priority schemes in 7.8 (ish, I can't remember the exact point).  Jira Cloud people still have global priority lists.

Like Marta Lopez Reyes _UOC_ likes this
0 votes
J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2011

No, it's a long standing feature request - best off using a custom field for now and vote for/watch the feature request for updates.

Thanks J, i will do the costum field route

Suggest an answer