It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can a Kanban project be converted to Scrum (and vice Versa)? Edited

One of the questions we have to answer when first starting a project is project type (Kanban or Scrum).   My question is - once I pick one and create a project - can I later change/migrate to the other?  It sounds like a single project can have both board types - but can a KanBan project have Sprints if desired (or be converted to a Scum project)?  Does this apply to Jira Classic and/or Jira NextGen?

1 answer

1 accepted

If you think you're going to want to switch back and forth from Scrum to Kanban, I'd recommend starting with Scrum so that, as you pointed out, you can use either board type.  

If you have a project originally set up as Kanban that you want to run sprints on, there are a few things you need to do:

1. Add the Sprint field to any screens associated with the project for issue types you want to add to sprints

2. Add the permission to Schedule Project for any roles/groups/users you want to manage and work the sprints

3. Create the filter and scrum board in the project in question and organize your cards into sprints

In regards to your question about Classic vs NextGen, this might help: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/migrate-between-next-gen-and-classic-projects-957974933.html?_ga=2.260004936.355407441.1579280995-1144686199.1571677320

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you