Can I use the Jira rich editor in my plugin?

I wan't to use the jira rich editor (the editor of the description in the issue view) in my own plugin page for editing my custom field.

Is that possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Cautreels Community Champion Aug 05, 2017

Hi Harald,

That shouldn't be a problem. More info (including tutorials) can be found on the Developer Docs.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Maarten

Thx. I will try that asap.

Unfortunately , the links didn't contain what I needed.

What I have so far is:

A WebPanel:

<web-panel key="audit-structure-page" location="com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:auditstructurepage">   
<resource type="velocity" name="view" location="templates/panel/audit-structure.vm"/>   
<context-provider class="com.soso.ism.project.panels.AuditStructureContextProvider"/>
</web-panel>

A Context Provider where I add the rederer descriptor:

JiraRendererPlugin renderer = ComponentAccessor.getRendererManager().getRendererForType("atlassian-wiki-renderer");
JiraRendererModuleDescriptor rendererDescriptor = renderer.getDescriptor();
context.put("rendererDescriptor", rendererDescriptor);
context.put("rendererParams", Maps.<String, Object>newHashMap());

And my .vm file where I add the RichEditor:

#disable_html_escaping()
$!rendererParams.put("rows", "5")
$!rendererParams.put("cols", "35")
$!rendererParams.put("wrap", "virtual")
$rendererDescriptor.getEditVM("Test", "null", "atlassian-wiki-renderer", "responsible", "responsible", $rendererParams, false)

What I get is that:

p1.png

What I want is that:
p2.png

It seems there is missing some CSS and/or JS. Any ideas?

Thx

I found out one more thing. If I deactive the new RichText Editor (what I want) the old RichText Editor in my page works as expected and doesn't show the original Text ("Test" without style) over the blue icon.

It looks like the activated new RichText Editor messes up the old  RichText Editor.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,877 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot