• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Can I configure by scrum board so that when I set a resolution for an issue it appears in the sprint burndown, even if the resolution is not set in the last column?

Can I configure by scrum board so that when I set a resolution for an issue it appears in the sprint burndown, even if the resolution is not set in the last column?

Damian Paul May 19, 2016

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user May 20, 2016

I don't think so... in my experience, the burndown uses the last column as the trigger. My workaround was to build a second board for burn down reporting where the last column also included the additional statuses that we considered "Done" from an engineering perspective.

example: included the UAT status in the final column for the burndown version.

Hope this helps, oh, btw we are on the cloud version so we did not have the ability to modify code. If you are server based you might have other alternatives.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Remember, there are 2 options where JIRA Agile can consider a burndown (hence a change in the burndown charts).

• Logging Time (burndown will work with Estimated/Remaining Estimate values)
  • Closing an Issue which in JIRA terms, setting a resolution value (burndown will work with Story Points)

So depending on what you need here, you can use option 1. If you really need to use option 2, there are options in the Agile board to set resolution on any column (regardless of status).

Damian Paul May 31, 2016

@Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] Thanks for your reply.

You mention that option 2 allows for the burndown to be affected when a resolution status is set even when the issue is not in the final column (column on the right) of a board.

How do you achieve this? E.g. I have a total of 5 columns in my scrum board, when setting a resolution in column 3 for an issue this is not reflected in the burndown. Only when an issue has a resolution status AND is in column 5 do I see the burndown change.

Suggest an answer