Can I block a group from tickets they didnt create or werent assigned to?

Cameron Jezorek January 9, 2012

Kind of complicated but here is the problem...

We have a set of contractors setup in thier own group. MGMT wants them to be able to create our normal tickets or be assigned to a ticket and have access to it BUT they do not want them to have access to any other tickets.

We have no issue security schemes currently and almost everyone has access to the entire ticket list, at least for viewing.

I have no idea if this is even possible and if it is how to go about it...

(currently using JIRA 4.2)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cameron Jezorek January 11, 2012

I have thought my way around this till I am more confused than when I started...

Right now the permission scheme is set to allow all users to browse reporter or not and we want to keep it that way for everyone except this small group... That being said and using your above suggestion, I would actually need to create a group of everyone except this vendor group and give them access and then give the 'Reporter' and 'Assignee' access to browse?

Wouldn't they then still be barred from creating new tickets becasue they aren't currently a reporter (yet) so they wouldn't be able to see (or browse) the project in order to create a ticket and become a reporter...

Sorry - thinking and talking myself in circles.

0 votes
Neal Applebaum
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2012

What if you create a permission scheme with browse permission granted to "Reporter" and "Assignee" (as well as internal groups and/or roles). Then they would have access to tickets they have created or currently have assigned to them.

Suggest an answer