Can I Export a report from Jira to a Word document(on a customized template) with only some of the f

Guy Zaken February 10, 2020

Hey,

I'm trying to export reports of issues from Jira to a customized word template.

The thing is, I don't want all the field to be shown in the report, and I want the fields' descriptions to be slightly different from the way they're written on my Jira issues.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2020

Hello @Guy Zaken

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, Jira Cloud does not have the functionality to export entire reports to word, although we have a feature request to add this functionality in Jira:

Ability to export Project Reports 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, you can export a list of issues with the fields you need in a word/excel file. These would be the steps:

1 - Go to your issue navigator and create a JQL query to return all the issues you need, selecting the List View:

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 16.04.39.png

2 - Click on Columns to select which fields you want to export

3 - Click to export > Export Excel CSV (Current fields)

Doing the steps below, a CSV file will be exported containing all the issues you selected with the respective fields. The content of this file can be edit (Including the field descriptions) and properly pasted in a word file.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer