CLI - Add internal comment

Regstuff February 20, 2019

Hi,

I'm currently using this command to add comments to an issue

jira --action addComment --issue [Issue id number] --comment [My comment]

Is there any way to make this an internal comment that is not visible to the issue reporter. The regular JIRA web interface gives you an option to make a comment visible to the customer or purely internal. How do we utilize this option in the CLI?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user May 10, 2019

Hi @Regstuff  , @Wesley Jones ,

Below is the command that you can use to restrict the comments from the reporters using Jira command line Interface. Here is the link for the examples.

--action addComment --issue "JSDTEST-3" --comment "my comment" --group "jira-administrators"

Please do let us know if you have any further questions or create a support request in our portal.

Regards,

Sravya

0 votes
Wesley Jones May 6, 2019

Tagging onto this request. This would be a really great feature.

Also, I cannot interact with the ticket linked; JCLI-1513.

0 votes
Deleted user February 21, 2019

Hi @Regstuff ,

Currently, we don't have an option to add a comment internally. We have raised an improvement JCLI-1513 for the same. We would request to vote/watch the request to get the updates when we make progress on it. In case you find any difficulty accessing the request, please try to access in a different browser where you have not logged into our portal.

Thanks,

Sravya

Regstuff February 21, 2019

Hi @[deleted] 

Thanks for creating the issue. I dont seem to be able to vote or watch it though. Looks like I have to create a login but I can't find a login or register option anyway. Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Deleted user February 28, 2019

Hi @Regstuff ,

As mentioned in that ticket (as a workaround), can you please try to access the ticket (our improvement request) in another browser or in the incognito version of your browser where you have not logged into our portal and see if you are able to access the ticket? Since this doesn't require any account in our portal.

Thanks,

Sravya

Suggest an answer