Browse Projects permissions

Hi,

I have a particular issue regarding the Browse Projects Permissions: even if I grant permissions just to a restricted group of users, the ones that couldn't see the project can see the project inside the all project list. Ok. He can't see all issues inside the project

Ok, he is not able to see all issues inside the project, but even the fact that the project appears inside the list bother me a bit.

Do you have any idea of how to manage this issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes

You've given this person the right to view the project.  So he can see the project.  I don't see any problem here.

Hi Nic,

thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, even if inside the Browse Projects there isn't the group of the A user, he can see the project on the list of "all project types - all categories".

I'd like to hide the project even inside this list. Is there any chance to do this?

Browse projects will only list the projects the user can see.

If you want to hide a project, you need to remove the user's browse access to it.  Check the permission scheme for the project and look at who has "browse".  You need to make the user *not* match any of the rules in there.

Hi Nic,

I did it. I set in this way the "browse project permissions", and my user A is not in any of this case.

I tried to re-index all the project but notthing happened.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Fiorellaimage.png

Your user *must* be matching one of the rules that allows browse rights.

I'd re-check all the role memberships of course, but I suspect that they either have "create issue" rights, which would allow them to become a reporter, or they are selectable from the custom field you have in the scheme which would also give them the right to see an issue in that project.

Hi Nic,

as you suggested, I noticed that there was an "assignable" rule associated with all users in Jira (it was the only one). I changed it and re-indexed all project, but, unfortunately, it still not work...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,973 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot