BigGantt Question combined with BigTemplate

Berthold Neldner July 17, 2016

Hi!

I have a short question about BigGantt and BigTemplate:

I was testing an upgrade for BigGantt recently to version 2.2.1-jira6 on Neuron Dev and Test instance, and I found that it requires a new add-on called “BigTemplate” to support their export feature now.

So since I have a BigGantt Commercial License, do I have to purchase a license for BigTemplate too?

2 answers

0 votes
Piotrek Romanczyk [SoftwarePlant]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 21, 2017

Hello Berthold and hellp Matt.

Thank you for the inquiry and the clarification.

@Berthold Neldner

Indeed - the BigTemplate is our plugin which enables Export feature for BigGantt and BigPicture. It allows you to create and edit Gantt, Roadmap and Risks templates which can later be used for exporting purposes of these module views. In example: you may create a Program with a Gantt chart which which you can later export to PNG or PDF files and get it printed. It is also a very strong import - export tool for MS Project files (MPP / MPX).

@Berthold Neldner @Matt Sliwoski

Unfortunately, due to reaching the final expiry date of licenses created for users of BigPicture and BigGantt who had purchased our plugins before 17/06/2016, we are no longer providing our customers with free BigTemplate license.

As per our Documentation article on Export feature:
"With the recent releases of BigPicture 5.0.0 and BigGantt 2.0.0, due to technical reasons* we've had to extract the BP and BG Export mechanism into a completely new standalone plugin - BigTemplate. Nevertheless, all existing customers who purchased BigPicture and BigGantt before 17/06/2016 are not required to pay for BigTemplate. If you've purchased at least one of our plugins mentioned above before that date, you are entitled to receive a one-time BigTemplate license which will be valid until 17/06/2017 via e-mail (if you did not, please don't hesitate to contact us regarding this matter). Please do keep in mind though that any future license renewals and/or upgrades of the BigTemplate have to be considered as it was a separate product. Therefore if you would be willing to renew or upgrade your BT license in the future, you will be asked to purchase it from the Atlassian Marketplace as a separate plugin."

We sincerely apologise for the misunderstanding and inconvenience the pop-out info might be causing.
If you wish to lern more about BigTemplate plugin and its new features, please refer to this Documentation page.

Kind Regards,
Piotr of SP Support

0 votes
Matt Sliwoski September 8, 2016

Hi Berthold,

We have run into the same thing recently and if you look at the message that pops up at the bottom of the Export Manager modal window, it states:

For existing commercial users, you should receive your free BigTemplate license by e-mail. If not, let us know atsupport@softwareplant.com

Not sure if you are seeing the same message but you might need to check the email that was used to handle the add-ons that you are running.

Thanks,

Matt

Suggest an answer