Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation is creating multiple subtasks Edited

Hello Guys,

I have automation to create subtasks based on the transition of other sub-tasks, its working fine but creating multiple subtasks.

Can someone help resolve issue ?

Thanks in advance.

Below is my automation rule.

Multiple Subtasks.JPG

2 answers

Hi @vishal 

For a question like this, please post an image of your automation rule and the audit log.  That will help the community have context to provide ideas.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

hey @Bill Sheboy @Jamie Rogers  attachment was failed to upload from my end, I have uploaded it again. Please take a look if at all you could find something.

Thanks for the image, @vishal .  To follow-up with some ideas/questions from @Jamie Rogers thoughts...

Would you please describe the conditions *when* you see this rule create multiple sub-tasks?  For example, what was happening?

Please post an image of the audit log from an execution of this rule when multiple sub-tasks are created.

Do you have other rules triggered on issue transtion, or which transition issues as part of their work?

If you have other rules, please go to your rule list under project settings, select audit log, and provide a screen image of around the time the duplicate sub-tasks were created.  That will show if other rules executed in close time proximity.

Thanks!

As Bill suggested would be good to see the rule configuration and/or audit log to try a and understand what is happening.

Without knowing more one thing that can happen with automation rules as they can in effect get caught in a loop - particularly with transitions - if one transition can trigger another or can be repeated. Automation rules can also be configured to trigger other rules so that is something else you could check.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you