Automation documentation

Marina Rosenblit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 17, 2019

we have manual tests and automated tests.

the manual tests are currently documented in JIra.

the automated tests have no documentation.

i thought about adding a header to the jira with the label "automated"

and start adding there the automated tests but i wonder:

1. if its a good solution

2. i dont want the automated tests to "ruin" the total test run result. for instance:

if i have 90 manual tests and 10 automated... i will create a test run of the manual and if one test fails it will present 1/90= 1.111% of failure when in fact it should be 1/100=1% of failure.. how do i avoid such situation?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Marina Rosenblit
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 21, 2019

Thank you for your answer.

We are using automation tools that were developed in house.

We run test cycles at the end of each version and we have % of success ..

if ill have tests that are automated and only have the header for them in Jira - the % wont be credible

Can you please elaborate which automation plugins/options Jira provides?

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2019

Hello Marina,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

There are multiple Automation plugins/options on JIRA. Could you please specify to us what you are using to perform the automation? If possible, provide us with any screenshots of the application.

Also, can you please provide us with more details of your goals and what kind of reports you are using to return the percentage you mentioned?

We will be waiting for your answer to better understand your requirement.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events