Automation Alert for Comment

Rodrigo Xavier December 17, 2021

Hello friends, how are you?
I would like to know if it is possible to create an automation in Jira to alert a group of people or a single person that the ticket is 40 minutes without activities.

Is there any automation like that?

2 answers

2 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2021

Hi @Rodrigo Xavier

You can use the sla threshold breached trigger where you set the x min before it is breached. 

You can find the details here: https://blog.codebarrel.io/better-management-of-slas-in-jira-service-desk-73eae92fb538

Regards 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2021

But that only applies to JSM. This issue was posted under Jira.

Rodrigo Xavier December 27, 2021

@Fabian Lim Hello friend. Thank you very much for your feedback. I sorry for the delay in responding, New Year parties make us crazy.
In my case it wouldn't be the sla overflow alert. This I have set up. I really need to alert the team to do a fallow up every XX time while the ticket is open.

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2021

Hi @Rodrigo Xavier

For customized emails, follow this post: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Jira-Automation-Video-Tutorial-on-how-to-send-customized-emails/ba-p/1861508

There is a scheduled rule that can be sent once a day.

Good luck

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2021

If this is a JSM project then @Fabian Lim answer is he way to go. If this is a JSW project then the only OOTB solution would be to use a scheduled Automation rule that would run maybe every 5-10min.

Thanks a lot Jack. do you have a document where I can check this automation or an example that I can follow?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2021

Here is the Automation docs around triggers including scheduled rule - jira-automation-triggers . There is a ton of good docs out there to explore. Running rules every 30m would be an option here. Use a condition to see if the issue was updated within your 40m window.

Perfect my friend thank you very much for your help. I'll check the documents.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2021

If you get stuck with the automation let me know. I can create a quick test.

Thank you very much.
I will try to create here, so it is good that I learn too.
But if it gets complicated I will ask for help, thank you very much once again.
I leave here my sincere good wishes for you and everyone around you. An excellent new year.

Suggest an answer