Automatically remove labels

scottsue April 6, 2014

Hi,

As part of using JIRA, we use the labels to help us track certain issues (i.e. which issues developers are currently working on, which JIRAs are coming up, etc). When the JIRA gets closed, we need to manually remove the label first before closing otherwise we are not able to remove the label.

I see that there is an option to allow editing of issues in final state, however, the ideal solution would be to allow for a 'macro' to run to automatically remove a label when it gets closed.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Hi Scott,

what you wish to archieve is acutally possible. All you have to do is add a postfunction to your Jira workflow, which will clear your label field when the close transition is launched.

However, you will have to decide if you want to write your own custom plugin to archive this function, or if you want to use an already existing plugin, which will provide such a function (As far as I know, the ScriptRunner plugin might just do it)

0 votes
Jan Mueller May 19, 2014

As the script runner is for download instances only: has anyone implemented this on an on-demand instance already?

0 votes
scottsue April 7, 2014

Hi Marten,

Thanks for the suggestion, the ScriptRunner looks to be very powerful that is able to do this. I actually had another think about this and I decided to create a custom field that represented my labels, then I used the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin to clear this field when required

Suggest an answer