Automated (Selenium) tests for Jira?

I was wondering if Atlassian provided any Automated UI tests for Jira? Say Selenium?

I would assume Atlassian has automated tests for Jira. Some standard stuff like issue creation and so on. It would be a great service if they could be shared.

That way us that have a Jira installation could use/modify them with our installations. Would be great for automating the testing of upgrades and such.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

We avoid Selenium testing except for very specific UI interactions. Our integration testing uses GINT - Groovy Integration Test Framework and most is non-selenium especially for basics like issue creation, workflow testing, etc...  Feature - JIRA testing has an example. When we need selenium, we use How to run Selenium as a GINT test and specific support built in for JIRA (SeleniumHelperForJira). For the later, unfortunately there are no examples or documentation (GINT-81) yet sad and our tests that use that support are not public. 

This widget could not be displayed.
Daniel Wester Community Champion Feb 25, 2015

They're in the source code of JIRA. There are a couple of tutorials over at https://developer.atlassian.com/docs/faq/writing-your-first-plugin-faq/tips-for-functional-tests-with-selenium

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

137 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you