Authorization to change the issue status per person

Soukaina BOUKIR December 2, 2020

Hey Community,

My question is quite simple and clear, so I want to ban some persons from changing the status of the same issue, knowing that they have access to the project.

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Hi @Soukaina BOUKIR,

In classic Jira projects, make sure they don't have the Transition Issues permission. Check in the permission scheme of your project (Project settings > Permissions) how the transition issues permission is set. Then use roles and/or groups to make the difference between people who can and cannot perform these transitions.

In next-gen projects your options are less fine-grained. You could add those people to the Viewer role of your project, but they won't be able to do much more than comment on issues then. Maybe that's too strict for what you are after.

Thank you @Walter Buggenhout , 

In fact, I don't want to restrict it from changing all the issue statuses.
For example a ticket has as a workflow as bellow:
New -> Treated -> Completed

And I want to forbid him to make the transition New -> Treaty and allow him Treaty -> Done.

Is it possible ?

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2020

Yes, absolutely. That can be done through workflow conditions. You can find more information here.

When editing your workflow, select the transition you want to restrict. Then you'll need to add a condition, most likely one of these:

• User is in group
  • User is in project role

Your best option will be the one that matches with how you organise this: through groups or roles.

Like Soukaina BOUKIR likes this

Now i see @Walter Buggenhout , Thank you so much.

I deleted the person from Transition Issues permission, and add him to the condition of the transition, it worked.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events