Assignment of Review Approval for Specific Stories

Gagana
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 3, 2024

Hi,

Is there a mechanism in place in Jira to ensure that a specific person is responsible for approving a particular story during the review Process?

Example : When "Story1" is routed to review, it should be approved only by "ABC" person

when other Stories are task are routed to review, It should be approved by default workflow members.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2 answers

0 votes
Ankit Srivastava
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2024

Hi @Gagana ,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can create a new single user picker custom field, for eg: Approval Required By and also set condition in the workflow transition that only that "Approval Required by" user can move the status from YYY to review.

For this, please follow below details 

•   Create a Custom Field: Establish a custom field (e.g., "Approval Required By") as a single user picker.
  •   Set Field Value: When creating "Story1," manually assign "ABC" to this custom field other wise set and default value for this field XYZ.
  • Set Conditions: In the post function, define conditions.  
    User Is In Custom field - Allows only users in a given custom field to execute the transition. Then select In Field and field name "Approval Required By".

Or,

You may also use Validator instead of Condition.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,
Ankit Srivastava

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Hi @Gagana welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What are the criteria for routing approval from a story to approver A or B?

Is it a label, a component, a value of a custom field?

I'm sure you could build an automation rule based on a specific condition.

Suggest an answer