Assign Permission Scheme to a Project?

Addletic Atlassian October 1, 2018

<noob_warning>

Am I missing something? Is there a specific service level that prevents me from assigning permission schemes to a project?

I've followed the instructions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html  yet, still cannot find "permissions" on the project admin side-bar.

I'm probably missing something simple, but can someone help me out?  (yes, I was able to create a custom Permission Scheme with no problem)

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James October 1, 2018

It looks like Atlassian has deprecated permission schemes in project settings. We now have 'People' settings instead. This came as a suprise to us too and no, searching the documentation tells you nothing about the change.

Old permission schemes are still working.

Addletic Atlassian October 4, 2018

Thanks for this.

Would love to hear from Support on this.

6 votes
jay_fulton January 28, 2020

Just in case someone else stumbles on this. I was trying to assign a permission scheme to a project. Turns out, you need to go to the project (not the permission scheme), click on the permissions, then go to Actions -> Use a Different Scheme.

Tara L Conklin February 18, 2020

THANKS, JAY!!!!

Like Len Hyman likes this
pallavi_shetty November 2, 2020

To the point!. Thanks Jay

Victoria Inman June 2, 2022

I'm doing this on a Business Project and I don't have the actions from project settings. I only have Access, Issue types, Automation, Notifications. I changed my project name and now it doesn't show up in the permission scheme anymore. Please help.

Like Duaa Mubdr likes this
1 vote
Manmadha Kudupudi May 11, 2022

Hi @Addletic Atlassian ,

We can do this using RESTAPI, recently we was faced same issue and we resolved.
System --> REST API Browser --> "/rest/api/2/project/{projectKeyOrId}/permissionscheme".

just follow the below screenshot.

hope this will helps you.

Permission scheme issue.jpg

0 votes
Medhat Ahmed September 3, 2019

Please try to run jira in safe mode then check the permission schemes.

Suggest an answer