Assign Issue to a user and send email

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2011

I successfuly created an issue and assigned it to a user

my question is how to notify by email this user that a new task has been asssigned to him

I need to send him email to infor him that a task is assigned to him

thanks in advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jamie Sawyer June 15, 2011

Hi Samir,

I believe that the action of Assigning an issue throws an Event of type Issue Assigned. If you go into the Notification Scheme used by your Project, select the Add operation on the line with the Issue Assigned event. Select Current Assignee from the next page, and voila! An email will be sent to the assignee whenever an Issue Assigned event is fired.

(Also, you will need to set up a Mail Server, from the General Settings menu of the Administration screen)

Kind regards,

Jamie

0 votes
Eric Atkins April 15, 2019

Does this actually work though? Because Jira only seems to send an email if the Assignee is changed from the "Current Assignee" to someone else. 

0 votes
Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2011

Jamie ,

thanks for your help and Iwas missing the notification scheme in my project ,it was empty

it is working ,thangs again

Suggest an answer