It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Askpass unable to start correctly

Every half an hour or so I get the following error:

askpass_error.png

Google told me it's related to Atlassian.

I ran Fix Windows Update errors by using the DISM or System Update Readiness tool as recommended by Windoze, but to no avail.

Anyone knows how to solve it - as it's a pain having to keep clicking OK to close it.

Thanks a lot.

9 answers

3 votes

Hi @Tomasz Kotula 

I am unsure how a web product (Jira Cloud) can cause such an error in a desktop application (Askpass.exe).

Can you link that article from Google that says this error is related to Atlassian products?

Sorry my bad. It's caused by Sourcetree. I'm running V3.3.4 and as soon as I closed it the error stopped happening.

Oh okay, I am not much familiar with Sourcetree. Lets wait if someone else is aware of this issue.

hwzhao I'm New Here Feb 10, 2020

i met the same error, who can help this? thanks!

It's still happening to me (only while Sourcetree is running). Can someone chime in?

It's also happening to me for a while now.

Okay my issue has gone recently after > 6 months. This is my story:

- I copied and pasted a project from one of my teammates. That included .git folder, not just code files.

- I opened SourceTree and .. probably changed the credential somehow but I don't remember exactly.

- Then, this issue became consistent since then.

- I closed that project by clicking on the tab in SourceTree and Closed it. The issue was still there.

- 2 years ago, I deleted that project from the file system. The issue has gone.

I don't know for sure if this scenario caused the issue but this is what I experience.

A colleague of mine is also suffering from this irritation. He's using version 3.3.7 of Sourcetree. The dialog pops up periodically whilst he is running Sourcetree. The issue suddenly started occurring last week.I am aware that you don't have much interest in Sourcetree Atlassian, but could you please investigate this?

0 votes
davcup I'm New Here Monday

It's happening to me too

I have the same problem for many weeks, dozens of times an hour.

still persists in version 3.3.8

I fixed the problem by re-checkout the git repo.

As for Michael_Jan_Gaabucayan, my colleague installed 3.3.8, and the issue has not occurred again since. This may or may not work for others having the same problem. It seems that Atlassian don't care about it otherwise they would be commenting here.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Keep your team in the loop with Team @mentions in Jira Software!

Hi everyone! My name is Jenny, a Product Manager at Atlassian. After launching Team @mentions in Confluence, we heard a lot of positive feedback from customers that they love how easy it is to @men...

593 views 6 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you