Anonymous made changes

Zicong Xiu September 7, 2011

When I checked 'Change Log' for one ticket, here was a 'Anonymous made changes'. It never happened before because we set JIRA as private mode and never choose Anyone group in permission scheme. Maybe someone did changes and he was deleted because of leaving. How can i check related info of the 'Anonymous made changes', such as from which log file?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2011

User Access Logging can give you at least the IP address from which a change was made. That doesn't help after the fact, but it's at least helpful for the future.

We (I'm an Atlassian) recommend disabling, not deleting users (here). That also doesn't do you much good in retrospect.

I'm not sure if there's a way to get this information outside of restoring an old SQL dump, if no user access logging was on and the user was indeed deleted.

lrytz October 20, 2011

OK, so I enabled the HTTP access logging one month ago, and now it happened again (https://issues.scala-lang.org/browse/SI-151?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel#issue-tabs). I have the logs. I see two HTTP POST requests to https://issues.scala-lang.org/secure/CommentAssignIssue.jspa at the time of the change, from a non-authenticated session (according to the logs). What can I do?

Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 21, 2011

Hi Lukas,

On the surface I can't tell what's wrong yet. I'm asking around about it here within Atlassian. You might want to make a support ticket as well - maybe we'll need to dig through your logs.

spuddy ಠ_ಠ
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2011

CommentAssignIssue is the issue-transition screen. As Jeremy mentioned, debugging this problem might be best done via Support (where we can look at your logs, permissions schemes etc.). Do you have links to the issues in question? What do you have in your "Edit Permissions" or "Close Issues" permission. Have you added "Anyone" or perhaps "Reporter" or "Current Assignee" to those permissions?

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2011

To complete Jeremy's answer, it's also possible that a plugin bypassed some checks and acted on the issue in a programatic way. In that case, it's possible to store an empty value as the user making that change.

0 votes
lrytz September 19, 2011

same question for me...

0 votes
Zicong Xiu September 8, 2011

any advice???

Suggest an answer