Allow non-users to see issues

Hi. I have setup JIRA and set the users to private, so that random people do not sign up. What I do want is that the end users (clients) can see what issues are displayed in a specific project. Is it possible to do this without making them sign up? If so, how?

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Its not clear if licensing is part of the problem you have. To do this you just need to create them a user account and tick the 'notify' checkbox, when the login they will be able to 'find' issues that are available to them, perhaps limited by group membership.

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Users#ManagingUsers-Creatingauser

If you just want to get customers 'invovled' without eating seats. this could be done by email, either outbound only, or full life-cycle, not sure if thats what you want, JEMH does that.

No, basically I am trying to make it so that people can view the issues for a specific project without signin in. I have created a project TD (to-do), and want that to be public so that people can see what is comin in the future.

What would it security bypass. They can only view, not edit create or anything.

So no, there is nothing out of the box for that, it would basically bypass all the JIRA security, not recommended. You'd need to write something custom to do so.

Viewing is a privilege, assuming that all data should be viewable and that all users know that and act accordingly is an ask, if you're happy, ok! How far along your requirements do you get with adding Anonymous to project permissions, then anyone can see any issue in the project, though how that works with SD I dont know off hand?

Im sorry I dont seem to follow you. Sorry.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Manthan,

Another approach might be to generate reports showing the project todo list and any other information you want the clients to see, and set them up to be automatically generated and emailed daily/weekly etc.

Our plugin Intelligent Reports allows you to do this extremely quickly, because you can design the report template in Word, and set up point and click rules to fill in the data, no need to learn a scripting language or API. You can also set it to automatically email you the reports at the frequency you need.

The proble is thats its not free :(

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

57 views 2 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you