Allow Developer role to create only P1 and P2 priority ticket for story issue type.

Gajanan Sasane April 5, 2023

I'm using the Jira data center with version 8.20.11. My requirements are as follows:
Only the "Developer" project role can create P1 and P2 priority tickets for only the story issue type. meaning the priority field must show only the P1 and P2 options if the user has the developer role. And for other project roles, members can raise any priority tickets.

Please let me know what is the possible way to achieve this.

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Your requirement seems a little muddled, so I'm going to answer for a guess at what you meant.  ("Only developers can create P1 and P2" clashes with "any other role can raise any priority")

I think you mean just "Only developers can create P1 and P2 as well as P3, P4, P5, etc, and anyone else can raise P3, P4, P5, etc."

This is best to do with a validator, although you will need to look for an app to provide one that can be configured to say "Only allow role developer to create/transition issues with P1 or P2 selected".  This has weakness in that a user could edit a P3 up to a P1 without being a developer.

But I would suggest you do it with Behaviours in Scriptrunner as well - you can remove P1 and P2 for non-developers from the create, edit, and transition screens (it can be bypassed, but it's not easy, and most people won't care to try)

Suggest an answer