Alias for a querry search

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

In the avance issue search I need to give an alias to my search

if I put inside the querry textbox status="Open" It shows on left panel (status="Open") I wish to display instead

( Open issue)

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2011

That's not possible - you'll need to do some coding in the core of the search functionality to do that.

Personally, I'd question the need as well. "Status = Open" is a lot more clear than "(Open issue)" because the second could be a description or an imperative, and your users are typing "Status = Open" into the query box - they're more used to that format of display, and you'll be misleading them if you change it. You'll end up with having to explain why "I typed (open issue) into the search because that's what it said, and it doesn't work" means "Well, you have to reformat it into a structure that we don't display"

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

Hi Nic I Just want to give Alias to "Status=Open" just like alias in an SQL Querry, I am not talking about parameter

User will not type anything I will save my search filter for them they Just click on the link

I wish to display on left panel (Open status) instead of (status="Open")

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2011

My answer still stands - you'll need code to do it. And if you're trying to do aliasing as found in SQL, you will probably need quite a lot.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2011

Surely you just want to save the filter with the name "Open Issues" or whatever, and then share it?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

Yeah, well just do it. Question answered?

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

Yes Jamie ,

I just want to save the filter with the name "Open Issues" or whatever, and then share it

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2011

no not answered...do you know how to solve it?

if you have no idea please do not comment again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events