Advance Find drop down not giving all the options

Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2011

I have an interesting question. When doing a search using the advanced search on JIRA, the resulting drop down that is displayed once you have selected the field is not displaying all the options. It is only displaying the first 15. If you enter one of the options that is not displayed, it does resolve properly. The problem is, you have to know that there are more options. There is nothing to indicate that there are more options than the 15 displayed.

Do anyone know if this can be configured in the jira.properties file, or some other way around this.

I know that its behaving as designed, its just that its confusing for the end user.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2011

never mind, I just discovered that this is by design. I do have the option of turning off auto-complete completely, or letting it offer the first 15 options. Have to admit that I don't like either of those options, but I'll learn to live with it.

Suggest an answer