Administrator user does not have full administrator permissions after import from OnDemand

We setup JIRA and imported our data from our OnDemand instance. Now when I log in as administrator, I am not seeing all of the administrator functions (e.g. install plugins, license details). Under Global Permissions, the administrators group has the JIRA Administrators permission. I've tried logging in with several members of that group but I still do not see the administrator functions.

2 answers

1 accepted

I was reading the permissions page wrong. My admin user had JIRA Administrator permissions not JIRA System Administrator permissions. Atlassian support pointed me to this page to figure out which user(s) have System Administrator permissions: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator

Don't forget to mark the answer as correct in order to help other users.

Hi, could you check if the Global Permission 'Jira System Administrator' is assigned to that group and check if the user that was an Administrator is in fact in the group that has the 'Jira System Administrator' permission assigned?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,880 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot