Add an existing Issue type to a existing issue type scheme using groovy

Jose Suanzes March 4, 2021

Hi,

I am trying to add an existing Issue type to a existing issue type schemes in specific projects.

I am trying o use scriptrunner for that, I can access the  Issue type and the Issue type scheme.

But I haven't found any method to add this issue type to the project issue type scheme.

I will appreciate any help .

Many thanks

1 answer

1 vote
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

Hi @Jose Suanzes welcome on the community. I think you can use IssueTypeSchemeManager component (https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/8.0.0/com/atlassian/jira/issue/fields/config/manager/IssueTypeSchemeManager.html).

There are following methods which might be interesting for you

• getConfigScheme - to get issuetypescheme for your project
  • OR
  • getAllSchemes - to get all the schemes
  • getIssueTypesForScheme - to get issuetypes for the scheme
  • update - to update scheme with adjusted collection of issuetype IDs

SO it might be

1. search for required scheme based on the Project or filter it by name (or anything else)
  2. get Collection<String> of issueTypeIds
  3. update collection with required issueTypeId
  4. update issue type scheme with updated collection
Jose Suanzes March 23, 2021

Hi @Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__ 

When I am calling to update I am getting the following error:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: Script35.update() is applicable for argument types: (com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.config.FieldConfigSchemeImpl, ArrayList) values: [com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.config.FieldConfigSchemeImpl@2083baf3, ...]
Possible solutions: putAt(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object)
at com.onresolve.scriptrunner.runner.rest.common.CustomEndpointDelegate.methodMissing(CustomEndpointDelegate.groovy:28)
at Script35.run(Script35.groovy:112)

Any idea what can be wrong?

Many thanks

Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2021

Hi @Jose Suanzes can you share the script?

Jose Suanzes March 24, 2021

something like this:

def KEY_NEW_PROJECT = "YEYG"
Project project = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager()getProjectObjByKey(KEY_NEW_PROJECT);

IssueTypeSchemeManager its = ComponentAccessor.getIssueTypeSchemeManager();

FieldConfigScheme p = its.getConfigScheme(project);

Collection<IssueType> Itsm = ComponentAccessor.getIssueTypeSchemeManager().getIssueTypesForProject(project);

Collection<String> collection =   Itsm.eachWithIndex { val, idx -> println "$val in position $idx" }.id ;   

collection.add(11800)

update(p,collection);

regards

Kesaboina BMV Sai Krishna February 23, 2022

Hi @Jose Suanzes , We had the same requirement. Try this it worked for us.

try by running the below snippet.

I made 2 changes, id 11800 must be string and update method needs to be invoked on its (object of IssueTypeSchemeManager )

def KEY_NEW_PROJECT = "YEYG"
Project project = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager()getProjectObjByKey(KEY_NEW_PROJECT);

IssueTypeSchemeManager its = ComponentAccessor.getIssueTypeSchemeManager();

FieldConfigScheme p = its.getConfigScheme(project);

Collection<IssueType> Itsm = ComponentAccessor.getIssueTypeSchemeManager().getIssueTypesForProject(project);

Collection<String> collection =   Itsm.eachWithIndex { val, idx -> println "$val in position $idx" }.id ;   

collection.add(11800)

collection.add('11800')

update(p,collection);

its.update(p,collection); 

Ganesh Choubey D September 28, 2023

Hi @Kesaboina BMV Sai Krishna ,

The above mentioned script runs if only 1 project is specified in the "def KEY_NEW_PROJECT" section.Instead of running it for a single project at a time is there a way to run it on multiple projects and execute the scrpit in a single go,Can you guide me in this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Ganesh

Sergiienko Volodymyr October 5, 2023

Hi @Ganesh Choubey D general groovy case is to create list 

List projects =['ke1', 'key2'....]

and iterate through it. For example
projects.each{KEY_NEW_PROJECT ->

// code above here

or real Jira case is to iterate through projects category(ies)

def List categories = ["Category1","Category2"]
categories.each{ category ->
    def categoryId = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager().getProjectCategoryObjectByNameIgnoreCase(category).getId()
     //iterate over all projects in category
   ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager().getProjectObjectsFromProjectCategory(categoryId).each{ project->

// your code here and take into account that project is already an object
       //  so next line is not required
//Project project=ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager()getProjectObjByKey(KEY_NEW_PROJECT);
    }
}
Like Ganesh Choubey D likes this

Suggest an answer