Access dashboard gadgets via API

Jota Eme July 4, 2017

Hello.

In order to generate a custom report (using different Unix tools), I need to include some gadgets from different dashboards as part of it (in fact, what I need is to include those gadgets' static images).

I have checked Jira's API documentation, but couldn't find any information about this.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 vote
Jota Eme July 6, 2017

Thanks Nic and Aron for the information.

I will have to find an alternative solution to work this out.

-- 
Best regards

Vishal gupta December 7, 2020

Hello Jota,

Did you find any solution to your problem ? I am also in same boat where I have to create dashboard using APIs and Create/update gdagets using APIs

Thanks in advance, please let me know.

Jota Eme December 8, 2020

Hello, Vishal.

I didn't find an automated solution to the problem, so I Had to develop a workaround: the users upload a screenshot of the image(s) to a web application, so I can use them in my reports.

Neither elegant nor fancy, but it is what it is...

Shuchita.Pare September 13, 2021

Hello Vishal

Did you got some solution to add gadgets using api's,

Thanks

shuchita

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2017

What Nic wrote in his answer (most of the work is done by Javascript in your browser) is true for many of the gadgets (especially chart gadgets), but there are other gadgets that are fully rendered in the serverside (e.g. Filter Results gadget).

You could consider using the PDF View Plugin to export JIRA gadgets and complete dashboards to PDF. You could use its automation capabilities or REST API to integrate to your "Unix tools" based solution.

For example:

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 4, 2017

Dashboard gadgets are generatedd in the browser at the time they are accessed (if you look at the code, you'll find blocks of client-side javascript are doing a lot of the work)

So, no, you can't really "access" them because there's nothing there until you run them in a browser.

Suggest an answer